2017年4月11日 星期二

#24

     I didn't record anything in my diary yesterday because I was so *engrossed in making and editing my video last night. But my yesterday and today were so interesting, I'd like to share everything in these two days.

     Yesterday, I went to Taichung to join a wedding reception, and I met some college classmates there. I had a great time eating and talking with them. Our today's main role was the beautiful bride, Shitian. Although I am not really familiar with her, I still feel happy to be one of her guests in one of her important time in her life. It was a really touching scene as Shitian's mother gave Shitian's hand to the groom, and I saw them bursting into tears. It's hard for me to imagine my own wedding now, but if I get married some day, I must cry as well.

     After our beautiful lunch, Emma said there was a store she was very eager to visit in Taichung, so Patty, Anne, Jing, and I went there with her. It was a small store selling old-fashioned clothes. I love the style very much actually because they look so unique, special, and wonderful. But I am not suitable wearing them, they look weird on me. Q_Q Finally, no one bought something at the store, and we left for the train station.

     Emma and I took the same train because she would stay at my home one night, and we planned to take a trip around Lukang the next day. Since she knew I was making a video for Chinese teaching and learning material recently and she was willing to be my special guest in my video, we planned to go to the night market to buy some snacks (although we weren't hungry) and record the short trip with my cellphone as one of my posts on my Facebook fan page.

     We are not stars, so we felt very embarrassed to act and speak loudly in front of the camera *lens. The weather was really nice last night, so there were many people in the night market. When we started to record a video, so many people were glancing at us as if we were *lunatics.

     At first, we planned to buy salty fried chicken (Taiwanese fried chicken), so we recorded a short video at the entry of the night market, and said, "We want to eat salty fried chicken, so let's go buy it!" But when we entered the night market, we didn't see any vendors selling salty fried chicken! It meant that we should record the start at the entrance again. It was really embarrassing to bear a constant gaze. However, after we recorded all scenes of our video, both of us were very excited to complete it and share with friends. So, after home, I couldn't wait to edit it, and I stayed up so late to finish my second video. That's why I didn't post anything on this blog yesterday.

     And today, I took Emma to many famous historical sites in Lukang. I was so surprised that she didn't visit any of them before, and I was very glad to share some histories and stories of Lukang with her. We had lunch with Becky today, and I really enjoyed the time eating with them.




*engross -- If something engrosses you, it is so interesting that you give it all your attention.
*lens -- a curved piece of glass, plastic or other transparent material, used in cameras, glasses and scientific equipment
*lunatic -- someone who behaves in a silly or dangerous way

沒有留言:

張貼留言