2017年4月5日 星期三

#19

     Some relatives of mine came back today to worship our ancestors. We had lunch and watched TV together. My brother came back from Hualien yesterday evening, and he gave us a box of Hualien Mochi (rice cake) as a gift. Today, he showed me some interesting pictures during the trip to Hualien, and I sent them to my friends. Ha ha.

     In today's English class, I showed the picture of *popiahs (spring roll), and Teacher Arnela said it looked like Italian food. So interesting! Our popiah looks international, doesn't it?

     In the late evening, I invited my mom to *stroll along *Lukang Old Street, and we also went to *Lukang Artist Village. We met a very beautiful cat in front of *Lukang Culture Center (Lukang Assembly Hall), but the cat seemed blind. I am good at imitating cats' sound, so I tried to mew like a cat to attract the cat's attention. It did hear my sound, and it did walk on the way to my position, I meant, it tried to walk to me, but it failed somehow. It didn't run away but passed me again and again, and it never looked at me eye to eye, even though I *squatted in front of it.

     I needed to collect all my notes during English classes these days, and it would be easier for me to review vocabulary words.

*popiah (spring roll) -- 我找到的最接近潤餅的說法
*stroll -- to walk in a slow, relaxed manner, esp. for pleasure
*Lukang Old Street -- 鹿港老街
*Lukang Artist Village -- 鹿港桂花巷藝術村
*Lukang Culture Center or Lukang Assembly Hall -- 鹿港公會堂
*squat -- 蹲,蹲坐

沒有留言:

張貼留言