2017年4月3日 星期一

#17

     Because of Tomb Sweeping Day, Mom and I went to sweep my ancestor's tomb with our relatives this morning. Later, we rode a scooter to the *columbarium pagoda to worship our deceased families. There were many people and cars there. After we visited all the places where deceased families' *urns are located, I felt so hungry and I persuaded my mom to browse through the vendors along the street to see if there was something to eat. I stopped in front of a vendor selling *Taiwanese sausage with sticky rice and bought a set because it smelt so good. After home, one of my aunts came visit my dad with her son, her son's wife and her granddaughter. But since we didn't have lunch yet, we were busy cooking in the kitchen.

     It was so exhausted, and I fell asleep soon after lunch. My mom invited me to go to 85 Degrees C coffee shop to buy milk tea and coffee together for buy one get one free when I woke up. Of course, I said YES! I loved milk tea and coffee. When we arrived there, there were so many people standing in line, and the clerk said that we had to wait more than one hour to get our drinks. Therefore, after we ordered, we went to the temple decorated with lots of seashells in Fuxing and spent our time feeding fish. Fish there were always hungry.

     I tried to think of my English and Chinese introduction this evening because I would like to apply for a job interview for being a Chinese online tutor, and I had to make a short video to introduce myself first. It was challenging but interesting for me. Hope that I can finish the video tomorrow. Good luck to me!




*columbarium -- a building or room with special spaces for holding urns containing the ashes of dead people
*columbarium pagoda -- 納骨塔
*urn -- a container that has a lid and is used for holding a dead person's ashes
*Taiwanese sausage with sticky rice -- 大腸包小腸

沒有留言:

張貼留言