2017年3月31日 星期五

#15

     David shared a survey with me, and it showed that when you keep doing one thing for 21 days, it will become one of your forever habits. It sounds cheering, and it means to make keeping an English diary as a habit, I only have six days left.

     My dad went to the company where he worked before to take the check of his pension, and he planned to order fifty cups of coffee to treat his colleagues since he thought it would be the last time he went to the office. But I thought he didn't have to do it because he'd already treated them pizza and drinks to take the place of a farewell party before. He just liked to *splash out.

     I got a letter today, and it was from one of my pen pals. He was an *early-intervention *social worker, but he was just a *novice. He made me recall a documentary named "An elephant boy and a robot girl." It was about a boy with a serious *cleft lip and cleft palate, and a girl suffering from *cerebral palsy. They didn't undergo any early childhood intervention, so it was very arduous for them to learn and exercise like ordinary children, and they didn't know how to interact with people properly since they stayed home all the time, and no body taught them. They were taken care by their grandparents, and their grandparents were too old to take good care of them and teach them. Luckily, some people asked social workers for help when they knew those two kids' conditions. They made progress step by step after accepting an early intervention. So, I think my pen pal's job is very respectable and important to influence someone's life.

     Here comes the winter again. Oh! My! It's so windy at night.





*splash out -- to spend a lot of money on buying things, esp. things that are pleasant to have but you don't need
*early intervention -- 早期療育
*social worker -- 社工
*novice -- a person who is not experienced in a job or situation
*clef lip and clef palate -- 唇顎裂
*cerebral palsy -- 腦性麻痺

沒有留言:

張貼留言