2017年3月23日 星期四

#6

     It was a very busy day. In the morning, I drove my dad to the gym to take a walk, and went to Lukang Farmers' Association to apply for a scholarship for my brother. I asked one of the officers to make sure all necessary documents were collected for applying. However, I failed. So, I drove the car to the convenience store to print some personal documents. This was my first time driving alone. Although the road was extremely wide, I was still scared. When I was done, I went to find my father. He kept walking along the park, and he looked energetic after chemotherapy. We walked together and he invited me to buy boxed lunch together. Of course, I was glad to do it, but I forgot to bring my purse, and so did he. He was so disappointed, so I said I would go buy it later.

     My great-grand uncle passed away a few months ago, and today his children and grandchildren came back to let his urn put into the columbarium pagoda in his hometown. My great-grand uncle had lived in Japan for many years, and he married a Japanese woman. Honestly, he had taken root in Japan, and his family couldn't speak any Chinese or Taiwanese, but he still loved his hometown where he was born. I went to the nearest columbarium pagoda with my aunt and uncle, and joined the ceremony together.We took incense sticks to worship the God of the land, and then a feng shui consultant taught us how to proceed with the ceremony. It was weird for me to see my great-grand uncle's family keep taking pictures during the ceremony. I guessed they just wanted to record all memories about my great-grand uncle.
   
     Later, one of my great-grand uncle's grandson came to us, and he showed a picture in his cellphone. The picture was in my granduncle's funeral, and we were there. I drew our family tree to make sure our relationship-- he was my uncle. I was like a translator among us--my aunt, my uncle, and my Japanese uncle. We tried hard to understand each other by English, our body language, and facial expressions. It was really interesting for me. Hope that we will be more familiar with my great-grand uncle's Japanese family in the future.

沒有留言:

張貼留言