2017年3月17日 星期五

#1

     Since I registered Engoo classes, an online platform for learning English, it's been about twenty days, and now there are still seven days left. I'm not sure how much progress my English has made, but I really hope that my English can be better and better. Therefore, I decide to set up a blog to keep a diary in English, and enforce myself thinking in English.

     I am already a very mature adult, which means I have a complete thinking system in my brain. I have my own values, opinions to other things; however, it's always difficult to express my complicated thinking in a foreign language. I really wanna jump to a higher level, I really hope that I can talk about something serious with others in English, not just greeting, talking about the weathers, hobbies... come on! I need more practices and confidence in speaking English. And I think, to improve my English speaking, first, I have to be used to thinking in English.



     Since February, I've stayed home for taking care of my father for he suffering from the lung cancer. It was not difficult for me to take care of a patient like my father because he was such a good and obedient patient. He never rejected to take his medicine although he needed to take so much medicine after and before meals.

     Just a few days ago, I knew a shocking information from the doctor. My father told him that he was drinking the nutrition shake ENSURE, a popular American brand of nutrition shake.Then, the doctor was very angry, and asked my father,

"Why did you drink that?"

"Umm...isn't it good?"

"Of course not. OK, now I know the reason why your condition is unstable. Stop drinking any nutrition shake!"

     I felt really surprised after hearing what the doctor said because I assumed that those nutrition shakes are just for serious patients. On the bottles of those nutrition shakes including ENSURE, it says it can be drunk by patients before or after surgery, or patients undergoing chemotherapy, or old people who can't eat normally, etc. My father is undergoing chemotherapy, and of course we think he can drink nutrition shakes for energizing.

     Therefore, I googled on the Net and I found a book talking about ENSURE. It said that ENSURE contains much sugar, but it won't tell you what ingredient provides it. I took one from the ENSURE box to check its ingredients based on the book. And that's true! It provides many carbohydrates. The book said its carbohydrates are even more than coke in the same capacity. I also took other nutrition shakes and compared with ENSURE, and I found all of them have maltodextrin often used in milk powder for prolonging expiry date. It would make your blood sugar increase promptly. Furthermore, nutrition shakes are made from chemical syntheses, and chemical syntheses are not good for our bodies although maybe they are exactly containing some nutrients. So, if you are not rather ill, just eat natural food as much as you can. Eating natural food will be much better than drinking lots of nutrition shakes.

沒有留言:

張貼留言