2017年3月27日 星期一

#11

     It's been a long time since I had Arnela's first class. Today was my second time taking her class. I'd got a very great impression of her in our first class because she was so jovial and active, and of course, her instruction in English words, sentences, and articles was very clear.  I always desired to have her class again, but I couldn't predict when the schedule of her classes opened up for students to book. Therefore, whenever I entered the website of her profile to book her class, and they were booked all the time.

     I had a great time talking with her this evening, and I thought I should look upon her as a model of communicating. She was beaming and always showed a genuine interest in my words. I felt easy about talking with her in spite of speaking English, a language I'm not familiar with.

     I've desired to paint my favorite cartoon characters on the roller doors for a long time, but it's difficult to carry out since they are too big and tall, and it's hard to draw a draft on a roller door. However, today I made up my mind to do something. I decided to paint an indoor wall first as a practice. I started to search further information about painting in the morning, and made a list to make sure what I already had and what I needed to buy. Later, I started to practice drawing Jake and Finn on the paper, and I found I couldn't draw Jake well, so I decided to paint Finn first.

     I went to a paint store in Lukang in the afternoon, and I found everything I needed in it. It was such a nice place. I bought a can of water-based cement paint, some liquid masterbatches (色母), and two different sizes brushes. I found wooden ladders in the store, and they were so beautiful, but I didn't buy any. I was so rational. Also, I went to a convenience store to buy a newspaper for not staining the floor.

     After home, I started to collect all tools I needed. Besides what I bought in the store, I still needed several different boxes and jars to put water and paint in, wooden sticks to blend the paint, a paper plate to lay down brushes and a piece of old cloth to dry brushes and clean my hand.

     Painting on the wall was an amazing experience,and I really loved it! I spent less than two hours painting the wall, but I spent much time preparing before and cleaning after. Cleaning was the most exhausting thing for me, but I really had a great time.

沒有留言:

張貼留言