2017年3月31日 星期五

#14

     My dad invited me to deal with the money in my saving account of Dacun Farmer's Association this afternoon. Since I didn't work there, it became annoying whenever you wanted to use its passbook and its ATM card because you could only use them in Dacun Farmer's Association, even if in other Farmer's Association, you had to pay for a *transaction fee while withdrawing. 

     When I got there, I found that they've *reinvented their *passbook style and renewed their ATM card for people can use them in every Farmer's Association in Taiwan. They should have done this! My passbook and ATM card were old ones, so I couldn't update my passbook successfully.

     One of the officers saw me taking the old passbook, and led me to her counter, "I'll help you change the passbook," she said.

     "But I don't need a new one, should I change it? I'd like to close my account."

     Well, she looked embarrassed and *perplexed as if it was a very difficult question, so she went in to ask her colleagues and chief... 

     Come on, I just wanted to close my account...

     Later, she asked me to stand in line in front of another counter. That was another section, and there were so many people. I waited for ages, and when it should be my turn, another officer with short hair said, "You wanna close your account, right? You should come here!" What? I was speechless and kept waiting for my turn.

     It really took me a very long long time. The officer said they've made my new ATM card, so I had to take it first, and then I could start the *procedure of account closing. Sounds ridiculous for me. I just signed my name to take the new card, and returned it back, and the officer printed a list of my detail deposits, and I filled out some forms. Finally, I got my money back... I felt exhausted after the short trip.




*transaction fee -- 手續費
*reinvent -- to produce something new that is based on something that already exists
*passbook -- 存摺
*perplexed -- filled with uncertainty
*procedure -- a set of actions that is the official or accepted way of doing something

沒有留言:

張貼留言